Our responsibilities are detailed within our CSR Objectives:
- To continue providing low carbon solutions to homes and businesses, supporting net zero carbon targets.
- To minimise the impact of our operations on the environment, aiming for a sustainable approach to the use of resources, reducing our use of energy, water and paper, avoiding irresponsible disposal of hazardous products and unnecessary waste.
- Act as an environmentally responsible business by supporting biodiversity projects and initiatives within the community that we serve.
- Operate with high standards in respect of health, safety and worker protection, and as a minimum comply with all relevant regulations and standards.
- Promote the health and well-being of our staff to ensure that we maintain a happy, healthy, and engaged workforce. Create a positive working environment that, where possible, provides staff with the opportunities to fulfil their potential and achieve their career aspirations.
- Always be non-discriminatory (whether on grounds of gender, race, disability or other), and maintain the highest standards of equality and diversity in our employment practices.
- To create a positive impact for our stakeholders and the community we serve through meaningful engagement, contribution, and volunteering.
- To maintain the highest standards of governance in the management of our business.
- Act with integrity in all of our dealings.
- Maintain appropriate contingency planning arrangements to enable the continuation of key activities as a result of a major incident.
We deliver our CSR Objectives through our LIFE programme which has been developed to provide an overarching framework for the range of initiatives carried out by Phoenix that positively impact our marketplace, workplace, environment and community.
Our commitment to responsible business has been recognised externally, with the company receiving the Business In The Community’s ‘Big Tick’ award for Corporate Responsibility excellence for over a decade.