Our responsibilities are detailed within our CSR Objectives:
- Work to reduce our carbon footprint and contribute to the reduction in carbon emissions in NI
- To act responsibly with respect to the environment, aiming for a sustainable approach to the use of resources, reducing our use of energy, water, and paper, avoiding irresponsible disposal of hazardous products and unnecessary waste.
- Operate with high standards in respect of health, safety and worker protection, and as a minimum comply with health, safety and environmental regulations and standards in the UK.
- Promote the health and wellbeing of our staff to ensure that we maintain a happy, healthy and engaged workforce.
- Create a positive working environment that where possible provides staff with the opportunities to fulfil their potential and achieve their career ambitions.
- Always be non-discriminatory (whether on grounds of gender, race, disability or other), and maintain the highest standards of equality and diversity in our employment practices.
- To create a positive impact for our stakeholders and community through meaningful engagement, contribution, and volunteering.
- To maintain the highest standards of governance in the management of our business.
- Act with integrity at all times in our dealings.
- Maintain appropriate disaster recovery arrangements to enable the continuation of key activities following a disaster.
We deliver our CSR Objectives through our LIFE programme which has been developed to provide an overarching framework for the range of initiatives carried out by Phoenix that positively impact our marketplace, workplace, environment and community.
Our commitment to responsible business has been recognised externally, with the company receiving the Business In The Community’s ‘Big Tick’ award for Corporate Responsibility excellence for over a decade.