Our CSR responsibilities as detailed within our Responsible Business report include:
- To continue providing low carbon solutions to homes and businesses, supporting net zero carbon targets.
- To minimise the impact of our operations on the environment, aiming for a sustainable approach to the use of resources, reducing our use of energy, water and paper, avoiding irresponsible disposal of hazardous products and unnecessary waste.
- Act as an environmentally responsible business by supporting biodiversity projects and initiatives within the community that we serve.
- Operate with high standards in respect of health, safety and worker protection, and as a minimum comply with all relevant regulations and standards.
- Promote the health and well-being of our staff to ensure that we maintain a happy, healthy, and engaged workforce. Create a positive working environment that, where possible, provides staff with the opportunities to fulfil their potential and achieve their career aspirations.
- Always be non-discriminatory (whether on grounds of gender, race, disability or other), and maintain the highest standards of equality and diversity in our employment practices.
- To create a positive impact for our stakeholders and the community we serve through meaningful engagement, contribution, and volunteering.
- To maintain the highest standards of governance in the management of our business.
- Act with integrity in all of our dealings.
- Maintain appropriate contingency planning arrangements to enable the continuation of key activities as a result of a major incident.
Environmentally around 12 million tonnes of carbon dioxide (CO2) has already been prevented from entering our atmosphere by natural gas consumers, with continued savings of around 1million tonnes of CO2 per annum, or the equivalent of removing approximately 675,000 cars off Northern Ireland's roads every year.
We are actively involved with environmental partners to implement CSR initiatives that will bring real benefit to local communities. Through a partnership with Lagan Rivers Trust, we recently installed a new river bed at Gravelhill Road in Lisburn to help increase river spawning and bring new life to the Lagan.
We are also involved in recycling initiatives to help protect and preserve the environment. Working with entrepreneurial pupils from a local Belfast school, we recycle our old high visibility clothing, which is turned into bandanas for dogs to keep them safe when walking at night.
If you know of an individual or group who could benefit from funding please contact Charity Liaison Officer Gillian Orr at email@example.com or on 02890 55 55 41.