Incomplete combustion can occur when appliances do not have enough oxygen to burn correctly. All fuels are safe to use, however if appliances are not installed, maintained or used correctly then carbon monoxide can be produced.
Signs of carbon monoxide
- A yellow or orange flame where normally blue
- Appliances that burn slowly, badly (floppy flames), or go out
- Staining, sooting or discolouration around the appliance
- Condensation on walls/windows
- A strange smell when appliance is on
Symptoms of Carbon Monoxide poisoning Early symptoms of Carbon Monoxide (CO) poisoning can mimic many common ailments and may easily be confused with food poisoning, viral infections, flu or simple tiredness which may include;