- Call the gas emergency team 0800 002 001 (24 hrs a day 365 days a year)
- Turn off the gas supply at the meter, unless the meter is located in a cellar or basement - in which case, do not enter.
- If there is a smell of gas in the cellar or basement, you should evacuate the building.
- Extinguish all naked flames and do not smoke or strike any matches.
- Open doors and windows for ventilation.
- Do no turn on or off any electrical switches, including door entry systems.
- Check gas appliances to see if the gas has been left on unlit or that a pilot is out.
- Never leave it to anyone else to call the emergency line and make sure you allow immediate access to our engineer.
Safety & Environment
Safe working and safeguarding our customers